Sunflowers & Sunshine - October 14, 2017

On October 14, 2017, I successfully completed and sold my first watercolor painting to one of my sisters for $37 (going by my hourly rate), which she paid $60 in return. At her request, I did this painting as a reminder for her of our home and life in Mexico.

In this painting, there are six sunflowers that represent me and my family. What the story is within in the painting, we as a family & individuals have gone through a lot of trials, including the ones that we felt were the hardest for us, but through the support of each family member and those outside the family, we have been able to overcome our trials and grow from our experiences. 

Behind the sunflowers is the sun rising, which represents hope and renewal. Whenever things go wrong or things go the way we don't want them to, there is always another tomorrow, a hope for the future. The yellow grass and the dirt road the flowers stand in symbolize the trials and afflictions we have endured. The shadows of the sunflowers are our pasts that we learned to not let them define us, but refine us into the people we are today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Positivity In Whatever We Find

She Held Him In Her Arms

Forgiveness: A City of True Happiness